This guide will show you how you can complete a Parent item when all of its related Child items are marked as complete. In this example, we will use a Project app as the Parent, and a Deliverables app as the Child.
Need assistance building this flow? Contact us, we are happy to help!
This Podio Workflow Automation flow will be triggered from the Deliverables app on Item Update. Specifically, it will trigger when a Deliverable is set to "Complete".
The steps of this flow are as follows:
- Custom Variable: "flag" - Set to 0
- Get Referenced Items:
- Forward to Projects via "Related Project"
- Follow to another app, reverse to "Deliverables" via "Related Project"
- For Each: For each "(Ref) Deliverable"
- Sanity Check: If [(Ref Deliverable) Status] != "Complete"
- Custom Variable: "flag" - Set to 1
- End If
- Continue (end For Each)
- Sanity Check: If [(Variable) flag] == 0
- Update Collected: Update Projects - Status to "Complete"
- End If